Built to run Sportsman Class or Bracket Racing, NHRA Certified 8.50.
This is a new car.
Mild steel, TIG welded, tube chassis, U.S. Body Source Fiberglass Body, Harwood trunk lid, rear bumper, and extended hood. F1 Hood Scoop from Suncoast Race Cars.
Aluminum tubs and rear floors, welded-in steel firewall, drivers floor, and center floor panel. Removable passenger floor, Ford 9″ back braced, 4: 30 Gear Big Pinion, 35 Spline Moser axles and a Strange spool. Top Gun 4-link, top mount wishbone, KONI shocks, single wheelie bar, anti-roll.
Pro Stock parachute, aluminum wing, dual batteries, New Strange front struts, Strange Spindle Mount Front Brakes, Wilwood 4 Piston Rear Brakes. Aluminum radiator plus electric fan, front mounted fuel cell, Barry Grant 400 fuel pump, 7 AL-2 Plus, 3 step, cube delay box. All new electrical wiring, ARC overhead switch panel.
Centerline Convo Pro Spindle Mount Front Wheels and new tires, Centerline Conv Pro with New 31×10.5 tires.
1968 Camaro Rolling Chassis
555 BBC All Aluminum Donavon Block, Callies Crank, steel rods, solid roller cam, Jesel Belt Cam Drive, Olds heads, titanium valves, Jesel Shaft Rockers, Hogan Sheet Metal Intake, MSD Chevy Crab Cap Crank Trigger, Bo Laws Dominators, Valve Spring Oiler Valve Covers, 4 Stage Dry Sump, 8 qt tank. Built by Dave at CRE.
Big Brute VR2 Powerglide Transmission with Lock-Up Bolt Together Torque Converter (all fresh). Plus Custom Headers.
View the entire 1968 camaro build step-by-step:
- Electrical Wiring — The Right Way (11/22/2016)
- Metal Fabrication in Northeast Tennessee (9/22/2016)
- Window frame tubing and tabs have been finished and installed (8/29/2016)
- Getting the 68 Camaro ready for the drag strip (8/18/2016)
- Drag racing parachute and wing plus new Plymouth coupe flooring (7/31/2016)
- 1968 Camaro Rolling Chassis -sold (7/21/2016)
- 1968 Chevy Camaro Roller (6/8/2016)
- 68 Camaro Chassis Fabrication (4/30/2016)
- Chassis Fabricators in Northeast Tennessee (4/15/2016)
- We just finished these exhaust headers for the 68 Camaro (3/31/2016)
- All Aluminum 555 Big Block Camaro (2/27/2016)
- High Performance Chassis Suspension And Rear End (1/28/2016)
- New Drag Race Chassis On The Jig Table (12/15/2015)