This Pro Street project took 10-months to build, with lots of metal fabrication and TIG welding.
The body on this coupe has been channeled 6″ over a Chris Alston’s Nostalgia Chassis A-ARM 4-link double frame rail round tube mild steel custom chassis, completely TIG welded (NHRA Certified 8.50). Round-tube Alston A-Arms, Alston front coil-over shocks, steering rack, 4-link rear suspension, top gun bars, 9″ Ford narrowed and braced, top mounted wishbone, QA1 coil-overs, anti-roll bar, single wheel wheelie bars, parachute.
Car Weight = 2,370 lbs.
We started with this 5-window Plymouth Coupe all steel body.
This 1933 Plymouth Coupe Includes:
- 468 cubic-inch BBC
- Liberty (SCAT) Aftermarket Steel Crankshaft
- Liberty H Beam Connecting Rods with ARP 2000 Bolts
- 2-bolt main with ARP studs and stud girdle
- Block line honed
- Solid Roller Cam
- Brodix Aluminum Cylinder Racing Heads
- Brodix Aluminum Intake, Match Ported
- Holley Aluminum Ultra XP Carburetor with 850 CFM
- NOS Big Shot Nitrous System
- Fabricated Valve Covers
- ARP cylinder head bolts (ARP Hardware includes; Fasteners, Nuts, Bolts, Studs)
- Melling HV77 oil pump, Milodon performance oil pan
- MSD Billet Distributor & MSD Bronze Distributor Gear
- MSD Digital-6 Ignition
- MSD Coil
- Holley Fuel Pressure Regulators
- Barry Grant 280 Fuel Pump
- TH400 Transmission with extra clutches
- Transmission Shield
- ATI’s Fuel & Blown Drag Race Torque Converter
- 5 Gallon Custom Spun Aluminum Fuel Tank
- Custom Exhaust Headers with Edelbrock Competition Merge Header Collectors. Car also comes with a set of Zoomies.
- Chris Alston Nostalgia double frame rail, round tube mild steel custom chassis. NHRA Certified.
- FORD 9″ rear-end narrowed, back braced housing, Strange Iron Case, aluminum bearing support,
- 4:11 Gears
- Strange 35 Spline Spool
- Moser Axles
- Custom single wheel wheelie bars, and parachute.
- Wilwood Disc Brakes
- Center Line Wheels. BACK TIRES: 28 x 14.5 x 15 Hoosier Quick Time Pro’s. (Added bonus, this Coupe can take a 9-inch bigger rear tire.)
All sheet metal is removable except the steel firewall and steel drivers floor.
All panels including Aluminum Transmission Tunnel and the Steel Tubs are DZUS fastened and completely removable for ease of servicing the car.
- Steel Driveshaft surrounded on Quick Pins
- Jerry Bickel Chrome Moly Driveshaft
- Custom made Aluminum Bomber seats DZUS fastened
- Custom made grille shell
- 5-point harness and window net
- All windows are Lexan
- Racepak digital dash and shift light.
This car is street legal in the USA with working headlights, turn signals, brake lights, horn, tag light and a clean title.
BELOW: Photos from this entire custom car build. Click the photo below and you will be taken to a gallery of large resolution photos on flickr.
View Entire Plymouth Coupe Build From Start To Finish
- Out and about this morning . . . with the 33 coupe . . . (12/2/2017)
- Under The 33 Plymouth Coupe PD DeLuxe (7/6/2017)
- Test and tune at the dragstrip (7/4/2016)
- Opening Day at Bristol Dragway (3/27/2016)
- We Build Zoomies And Custom Headers (11/24/2015)
- It is a beautiful day for a ROMP in the Coupe! (10/7/2015)
- This Custom Pro Street 5-Window Coupe and Metal Fabrication (9/30/2015)
- 1933 Plymouth Coupe in final stages of production (9/17/2015)
- This Coupe is looking good in its 80’s. (9/11/2015)
- Custom Fabrication, Mig and Tig Welding (8/28/2015)
- Making Exhaust Headers (8/7/2015)
- Metal Fabrication (8/3/2015)
- Good progress this week on the 33 Coupe (7/24/2015)
- How to fit 10 gallons of stuff into a 5 gallon bucket. . . (7/22/2015)
- The 33 Plymouth Coupe wrapping up final wiring (5/21/2015)
- The 33 Coupe Metal Fabrication and Design (4/11/2015)
- Brake System Components installed on 33 Coupe (4/2/2015)
- 1933 Plymouth Chassis Engineering (3/19/2015)
- In the final stages of this 1933 Plymouth Coupe build (2/17/2015)
- Metal fabrication with steel tube and sheet metal (1/21/2015)
- Metal Fabrication And The Creative Vision (1/3/2015)
- Chassis and suspension design for high performance (12/9/2014)
- A first look at the 1933 Coupe front end (11/25/2014)
- 33 Coupe after four days of notching pipe (11/15/2014)
- This 1933 Pymouth Coupe is next on the build list. (11/15/2014)