Buy it now as a Roller . . . . or buy it finished in the spring.
This is a 1977 Chevy Vega Wagon built for drag racing. There is still plenty to do on this race car to have it finished and ready for Spring.
But for those racers looking for a new drag car — we are currently at the point in this project when many drag racers could customize this Vega to fit their style.
No problem NHRA certifying this car to 7.50
We have installed a S&W Chrome Molly Chassis Kit that was stretched 6″ with a funny car cage and extra bars added. The body, roof and quarter panels and cowl on this 77 Vega were in good condition so we kept.
We added fiberglass doors from U.S. Body Source and a stretched 6″ front end from Glasstek. We also used a Glasstek extended hood so it fits their front end.
This drag racer is set up for a Big Block Chevy and Turbo 400 Transmission
The seat is set, the steering column and rack are done, plus the master cylinder and pedal are complete. It has Strange Engineering front struts and heavy-duty disk brakes.
This drag racing chassis has been built on the JIG table. The body is mounted front and rear installed with Weld Racing Aluma Star Wheels.
Inquire About This Vega Drag Car!
Call Today 423-470-1645 or fill out the form below.
View all posts from this vega wagon project
- Watch this quick peek at the Vega Wagon
- The Vega Wagon 482 BBC Comes Alive
- The Vega Wagon arrives back from the body shop
- Finalizing Another Chevy Vega
- A Peek Under The Vega Wagon Drag Car
- 2250 lbs — the fighting weight of the Vega Wagon
- Update: Vega Wagon Drag Car
- Lexan Vega Wagon Windows
- Wiring The Vega Wagon
- Tubs, Tin And Sheet Metal Fabrication
- The Vega Wagon Gets Side Exit Headers
- 6.0 NHRA Certification
- Drag car build in the final stages… Look at the stance of this car.
- Puzzle Time
- Vega Wagon Bodywork By Ray Charles…
- Getting up to speed on the Vega Wagon build
- This 6.0 drag car gets rear tires fit, firewall built and more.
- Making wheelie bars and putting the vega back together
- Vega Wagon Drag Car Progressing Rapidly
- TIG Welding Chrome Moly Chassis
- Removable Vega Wagon Body
- For Sale Chevy Vega Wagon Roller
- Metal Fabrication: Stretching the wheel wells on the Vega Wagon
- The Vega Wagon Drag Car
- Stretched Chevy Vega Wagon