NHRA Certified 8.50 chassis completely TIG welded
|Weight No Driver, Race Ready:||2370 lbs|
Car Weight = 2,370 lbs.
The body on this coupe has been channeled 6″ over a Chris Alston’s Nostalgia Chassis A-ARM 4-link double frame rail round tube mild steel custom chassis, completely TIG welded (NHRA Certified 8.50). Round-tube Alston A-Arms, Alston front coil-over shocks, steering rack, 4-link rear suspension, top gun bars, 9″ Ford narrowed and braced, top mounted wishbone, QA1 coil-overs, anti-roll bar, single wheel wheelie bars, parachute.
The final body work, scene here, was completed in April 2019. Plus we added a larger tire on the rear with Champion double beadlock wheels.
Completely TIG welded NHRA Certified 8.50 Chassis
In 2019 we also added Burns stainless mufflers and collectors. The car also comes with zoomies.
The seats are custom made aluminum bomber seats DZUS fastened. We recently added new black seat covers.
This is a video of the underside of the coupe.
These custom zoomies come with the car. The photos below are before the final bodywork was finished and the larger rear tires and new wheels.
For the trip to our local car show we put the front fenders on, as seen here.
This was the first test drive of this build.
We started with this 5-window Plymouth Coupe all steel body.
This 1933 Plymouth Coupe Includes:
- 468 cubic-inch BBC
- Liberty (SCAT) Aftermarket Steel Crankshaft
- Liberty H Beam Connecting Rods with ARP 2000 Bolts
- 2-bolt main with ARP studs and stud girdle
- Block line honed
- Solid Roller Cam
- Brodix Aluminum Cylinder Racing Heads
- Brodix Aluminum Intake, Match Ported
- Holley Aluminum Ultra XP Carburetor with 850 CFM
- NOS Big Shot Nitrous System
- Fabricated Valve Covers
- ARP cylinder head bolts (ARP Hardware includes; Fasteners, Nuts, Bolts, Studs)
- Melling HV77 oil pump, Milodon performance oil pan
- MSD Billet Distributor & MSD Bronze Distributor Gear
- MSD Digital-6 Ignition
- MSD Coil
- Holley Fuel Pressure Regulators
- Barry Grant 280 Fuel Pump
- TH400 Transmission with extra clutches
- Transmission Shield
- ATI’s Fuel & Blown Drag Race Torque Converter
- 5 Gallon Custom Spun Aluminum Fuel Tank
- Custom Exhaust Headers with
Edelbrock Competition Merge Header Collectors.
UPDATE: April 2019: now with Burns Stainless mufflers & collectors and turnouts
Car also comes with a set of Zoomies.
- Chris Alston Nostalgia double frame rail, round tube mild steel custom chassis. NHRA Certified.
- FORD 9″ rear-end narrowed, back braced housing, Strange Iron Case, aluminum bearing support,
- 4:11 Gears
- Strange 35 Spline Spool
- Moser Axles
- Custom single wheel wheelie bars, and parachute.
- Wilwood Disc Brakes
- Center Line Wheels. BACK TIRES:
28 x 14.5 x 15Hoosier Quick Time Pro’s.
UPDATE: April 2019: new tires 29.5 x 14 x 15 with Champion double beadlock wheels
All sheet metal is removable except the steel firewall and steel drivers floor.
All panels including Aluminum Transmission Tunnel and the Steel Tubs are DZUS fastened and completely removable for ease of servicing the car.
- Steel Driveshaft surrounded on Quick Pins
- Jerry Bickel Chrome Moly Driveshaft
- Custom made Aluminum Bomber seats DZUS fastened now with new black seat covers.
- Custom made grille shell
- 5-point harness and window net
- All windows are Lexan
- Racepak digital dash and shift light.
This car is street legal in the USA with working headlights, turn signals, brake lights, horn, tag light and a clean title.